Vanilla Caramel Rice Bubble Bar
Gluten free, Dairy free, Nut free, Vegan option
Serves: 16 cookies
- 4 cups of puffed rice
- ½ cup honey (or maple syrup for a vegan version)
- 2 serves Nuzest Kids Good Stuff Vanilla Caramel
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- Line a square tin (20cm x 20cm) with baking paper. Set aside.
- Place the rice bubbles, Nuzest Kids Good Stuff, honey and melted coconut oil into a large bowl and mix together until well combined. The rice bubbles should be coated in the honey and oil!
- Pour the mixture into the pre-prepared tin and press down firmly. It is important that the mixture is packed down firmly so that the bars don’t crumble when you slice them.
A tip for pressing the mixture down firmly into the tin, is to place a piece of baking paper down over the slice and use your hand or a smaller tin to press the mixture down firmly.
- Place into the fridge to set for 3-4 hours or overnight. Remove from the fridge and cut into bars immediately with a sharp knife (if you let the slice come down to room temperature it will crumble when slicing).
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
These bars are best eaten straight from the fridge so make a great after school snack. We wouldn’t recommend putting them in your kids lunch boxes as they crumble at room temperature due to the fact that coconut oil has been used in place of butter (as used in traditional rice bubble bar recipes).